About Rock Steady Boxing Northwest Indiana-Community Hospital Fitness Pointe
• To maximize the mental, emotional, and physical potential of people with Parkinson’s disease.
• To be accomplished through an intensive and rigorous regimen and plan of exercise delivered in a supportive environment.
• To enhance the quality of life for those living with Parkinson’s disease in Northwest Indiana by providing the most up to date, evidence based group exercise program.
• To increase functional strength
• To improve dynamic stability and decrease the risk of falls.
• To improve posture
• To increase flexibility/mobility
• To increase knowledge and understanding of all the exercise options available to those living with Parkinson’s.
• To increase knowledge and understanding of all therapy treatments available.
• To provide social support
Priscilla Mulesa, PT, MS, GCS, is a board certified geriatric physical therapist with over 35 years of experience treating patients with Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders. She is certified in Rock Steady Boxing and LSVT BIG therapy. Priscilla will be an instructor for Level 3 and 4 classes.
Jan Duncker, PT, DPT, MPA, OCS, CSCS is the supervisor of outpatient physical therapy at Fitness Pointe. She is a board certified orthopedic physical therapist with 20 years of experience treating patients with orthopedic problems. She is certified in Rock Steady Boxing and by the NSCA as a strength and conditioning specialist. Instructor for level 2 classes.