About Rock Steady Boxing Northwest Indiana-Community Hospital Fitness Pointe
• To maximize the mental, emotional, and physical potential of people with Parkinson’s disease.
• To be accomplished through an intensive and rigorous regimen and plan of exercise delivered in a supportive environment.
• To enhance the quality of life for those living with Parkinson’s disease in Northwest Indiana by providing the most up to date, evidence based group exercise program.
• To increase functional strength
• To improve dynamic stability and decrease the risk of falls
• To improve posture
• To increase flexibility/mobility
• To increase knowledge and understanding of all the exercise options available to those living with Parkinson’s
• To provide social support
Jessica Whalley, LAT, ATC is a Certified Athletic Trainer with 9 years of experience working with athletes at various education levels. She works at Fitness Pointe and Griffith High School. She is a certified Rock Steady Boxing coach and is the Head Coach for the Level 1/2 Class.
Corryn Poby, LAT, ATC, is a Certified Athletic Trainer with 2 years of experience working with athletes at the high school level. Corryn works at Fitness Pointe’s Physical Therapy Clinic and Hammond High School. Corryn is a certified Rock Steady Boxing Coach. She is the Head Coach for the Level 3/4 class.